Looking to get an AMA chapter started on your university or college campus? The benefits of being affiliated with AMA are many. Find a committed faculty advisor, gauge student interest, and find a committed student officer to get the process going!
The basics to affiliate with AMA:
• Submit a petition containing the signatures of 10 collegiate students who are willing to become AMA members
• Find a faculty member on campus who will serve as faculty advisor to the Chapter. Faculty advisor must be or become a professional AMA member before Chapter can be approved
• Submit Officer Report Form with Faculty Advisor and (future) Chapter President info.
• Create a constitution outlining how the Chapter will operate (a sample is provided)
• Submit affiliation application, and a one-time $50 chapter affiliation fee
• Submit student membership applications and payment $47/per student (an annual fee)
There are too many AMA benefits and opportunities to list, but our Collegiate website can give you an idea of the Competitions, Member Benefits, and information available to our student members. A few benefits of AMA membership:
The new College 2 Career site gathers the latest in job skills such as Networking 101, updating your resume, updating your LinkedIn, interview skills and more. Webcasts, podcasts, and whitepapers;
AMA offers additional resources to assist marketing graduates enter the workforce:
• Resume Rescue
• Meet A Marketer
• Career tips and strategies
• Q&A with AMA hiring experts
• AMA Job Board
Take part in AMA student competitions, from Student Marketer of the Year, Marketing Week, to judges taking a look at the Chapter Plan and Annual Report. AMA student members put classroom theory into practice!
Much of the benefit of starting an AMA chapter also lies in the activities the local chapter pursues, and the leadership opportunities available to the students in running those activities.
A collegiate chapter may be started at any time throughout the year. For forms and information on how to start an AMA collegiate chapter, email firstname.lastname@example.org .