ARC: Teaching: Tips: General Teaching Tips
This page contains links to a wide range of teaching tips and book suggestions. A sampling of "Teaching Tips" Sites and books includes:
The following books on University and College teaching were highly recommended by Amazon.com reviewers:
- McKeachie's Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Teachers by Wilbert J. McKeachie, Barbara K. Hofer. D C Heath & Co; 11th edition (November 2001).
- What's The Use of Lectures? by Donald A. Bligh. Jossey-Bass; (February 2000).
- Tools for Teaching by Barbara Gross Davis. Jossey-Bass; (October 1993).
- Classroom Assessment Techniques: A Handbook for College Teachers by Thomas A. Angelo, K. Patricia Cross. Jossey-Bass; 2nd edition (October 1994).
- Successful College Teaching: Problem-Solving Strategies of Distinguished Professors by Sharon A. Baiocco, Jamie N. Dewaters. Allyn & Bacon (February 5, 1998).
- Learner-Centered Assessment on College Campuses: Shifting the Focus from Teaching to Learning by Mary E. Huba, Jann E. Freed. Allyn & Bacon (December 3, 1999).