ARC: Teaching: Materials: Marketing Metrics
areas: methods: teaching
ARC Contributions by Andrew Abela, Tim Ambler, Hope Corrigan, Tom Gruen, Maik Hammerschmidt, Robb Kopp, Walfried Lassar, Bryan Lilly, Larry Lockshin, Bruce McWilliams, C. Michelsen, Judy Rex, Byron Sharp, C. D. Storey, Elizabeth Wilson and Maria Joseph Xavier
Feel free to send additions to email@example.com.
Materials that could be used in a course on marketing metrics.
- Special section of the Journal of Marketing, 68(4), On Linking Marketing to Financial Performance and Firm Value.
- Lages, Luis Filipe, Carmen Lages & Cristiana Raquel Lages (2005), "Bringing export performance metrics into annual reports: The APEV scale and the PERFEX scorecard," Journal of International Marketing, 13 (3).
- Staat, M. and M. Hammerschmidt (2005), "Product Performance Evaluation - A Super-Efficiency Model," International Journal of Business Performance Management, 7 (3), 304-319 [Full Text].
- Staat, M., H. H. Bauer and M. Hammerschmidt (2002), "Structuring Product-Markets: An Approach Based on Customer Value," Marketing Theory and Applications, 13 (1), 205-212.
- Ambler, Tim (2000), Marketing and Bottom Line, Second Edition, Financial Times Pearson.
- Thomas V. Bonoma, Bruce H. Clark (1998), Marketing Performance Assessment, Harvard Business School Press.
- Clyde H. Coombs (1964), A Theory of Data, New York: Wiley. The text provides the groundwork for the idea of metrics and scales and covers many of the specific measures used in marketing.
- Davis, John (2006), Measuring Marketing: 103 Key Metrics Every Marketer Needs, Wiley, ISBN 978-0470821329 [Amazon]
- James D. Lenskold (2003), Marketing ROI, McGraw-Hill (aimed at practitioners).
- Vithala Rao and Joel Steckel (1998), Analysis for Strategic Marketing, Prentice Hall, ISBN: 0-3210-0198-2.
- Robert Shaw, David Merrick (2005), Marketing Payback, Financial Times/Prentice Hall Books.
Partial List of Metrics:
- customer profitability
- customer life time value
- customer equity
- customer satisfaction
- market share
- marketing efficiency
- wallet share
- relationship duration
- response time (complaints, service etc.)
- corporate image
- lead generation
- lead conversion
- ad effectiveness
- response rate for campaign
- cross sell/upsell
- brand equity
- page views
- conversion ratio
- shareholder value