ARC: Connections: SIGs: Higher Education SIG
About this SIG
Higher Education for all that benefits stakeholders and society.
AMA Marketing for Higher Education Special Interest Group is a global SIG of
marketing educators. Our principal mission is to lead, encourage, support,
develop and disseminate knowledge for higher education marketing through
research and the promotion of the discipline to benefit all stakeholders.
and goals: to promote all aspects of Higher Education
Marketing and raise its standing amongst stakeholders through rigorous research
and its dissemination:
To bridge the disciplines of marketing and higher education and to address the emerging issues, debates, and research findings concerning the role of marketing in policy making and the management of universities world-wide;
- To explore, evaluate and critically analyze the overall management of the marketing function within higher education institutions with a particular focus on issues of concern to policy makers and senior managers in higher education institutions;
- To encourage rigorous, empirical research results related to all aspects of higher education marketing;
- To encourage discursive papers on critical theory, conceptual developments, and critiques of higher education marketing and to encourage critical responses and discussion;
- To provide a vehicle for the advancement of knowledge and debate in the field of higher education marketing and to stimulate further research in this area;
- To develop theory in connection with the role of marketing in higher education institutions world-wide.
increase marketing for higher education activity and standing within the
academic community by improving the quality and quantity of research;
Improve the quality of theory, models,
conceptual development in higher education research.
Provide a forum dedicated to the Marketing
for Higher Education.
The editors of Journal for Marketing Higher Education will sponsor the SIG and publish best papers on the topic presented
at the Summer and Winter Educators’ conference.
SIG Conference papers will be made available
on the AMA website.
SIG Year Initiatives
SIG Awards (There is no information at this time)