Take your social media strategy to the next level!
Check back to see when upcoming Social Media 201 Boot Camps are scheduled!
You and your organization realize that social media is more than a tweet or status update on the latest social media network. Your management agrees that social media is not a fad. However, some people may still question the value of social media as a critical initiative that supports business outcomes and produces bottom-line results.
Although you know the basics of most of the popular tools e.g. Facebook, Twitter, blogs, LinkedIn, video, podcasts and even Pinterest and Google+ you realize that there is more to social media than just creating buzz. Social media has gone beyond just another channel. Social media tools have laid the foundation for social business, social service, social commerce and most critical the new social customer. To stay competitive you must go beyond today’s skill set to be strategically including the multiple aspects of social media into an accountable and measurable strategy.
This Boot Camp provides the marketer, who has a basic knowledge of social media marketing, with practical tools and tactics that support business goals. Through case studies of organizations that succeeded and those that have stumbled, class discussions with your peers and interactive exercises you’ll develop a framework that will help take your strategy to the next level.
Who Should Attend
The workshop is designed for marketers and those who are responsible for the strategic development, as well as, the execution and management of social media. The sessions are developed to engage the participants in focused, interactive learning. Attendees should have a basic knowledge of the popular social media tools e.g. blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook.
- How to create an integrated social media strategy that takes into consideration multiple channels including both digital and traditional
- How to develop a metrics and accountability plan that ties into business objectives
- An understanding of expectations and wants of the new social customer
- How to create and curate relevant content and manage the content library
- How to avoid pitfalls and how to handle a social media “fire storm”
- How to create social media guidelines and ensure ethics are in place e.g. corporate governance
- How to ensure that social media supports the brand’s promise
- How to ensure that your employees’ digital footprint is aligned with your organization’s values
- How to ensure that social media is used effectively across your organization
Cancellations received prior to 4 weeks before the event will receive a refund minus a $75 cancellation fee. Within 4 weeks of event refunds will be granted minus a $150 cancellation fee.
About the Instructor - Paul Chaney