“Provided great context to practice social media strategy, evaluation and development — launching point.”
– B2B Social Media Boot Camp Attendee
This in-depth B2B Social Media Boot Camp will focus entirely on the unique opportunities and challenges that B2B marketers face integrating social media into their marketing strategies.
Marketers whose focus is business-to-business have always known that business is personal. The investment in creating strong relationships can result not only in loyal customers, but in shortened sales cycles built through trusted referrals.
B2B marketers are increasingly realizing that social media can help build interdependent customer/company communication strategies that lead to
achieving business objectives. However, too many marketers are jumping into social media without a decisive plan or determining what constitutes success.
In a “real-time social networking environment” that incorporates case
studies, examples and lessons learned, we will review social media tools/
tactics and discuss their effectiveness, including how to tie each back to
marketing objectives and performance metrics.
Day one kicks off with understanding how the culture of social media directly influences your corporate culture and identifying common reasons for internal resistance and obstacles. At the end of day two, you’ll leave with a framework that will lend itself to developing an integrated social media marketing plan that supports your objectives and goals.
Who Should Attend
This Boot Camp is designed to meet the needs of people involved in
business-to-business marketing. The curriculum was created for those
who consider themselves to be at entry level stages of how to incorporate
social media to support their business (marketing, customer service,
communications, sales) objectives and goals.
10 Key Learning Objectives
- Creating a framework for a social media strategy that supports business and marketing goals
- Determining how social media can be integrated into your current and future marketing, communication and customer service strategies
- Understanding how to build and use social capital to grow your customer base
- Developing a base of knowledge about the benefits and limitations of social media tools/tactics
- Determining your social media “home”
- Determining your brand’s content direction
- Determining metrics that support your goals
- Understanding how (the people of) your brand can authentically participate in and listen to the social conversations
- Understanding how to manage your digital reputation
- Understanding future trends in social media marketing and their impact on business moving forward
See more information about instructor Paul Chaney here!
B2B SOCIAL MEDIA BOOT CAMP™ AGENDA
DAY 1 8AM–5PM
Continental breakfast, lunch and breaks provided
What is the social web?
The unique social media culture
- The enterprise challenges and culture
- Aligning and the buy-in
Changes in customers’ perception of business communications
- Fragmented messaging
- Broken trust
- New sales funnel–Forrester model
New way to engage
- Who are they?
- Where do they participate in the social web?
- What do they want from you?
- Business/marketing objectives and goals
- Aligning social media
- What is success?
- Traditional metrics–web based–Social media specific metrics
Tools or tactics
- Examples, cases
- Blogger relations
- Social networks: Linkedin, facebook, Niche communities, Branded communities, Myspace, second life, etc.
- Multi media: videos, podcasts, photos
- Social bookmarking
- Social media news release
DAY 2 8AM–NOON
Continental breakfast and break provided
Review of day 1
Creating internal & external guidelines
Putting it together: social media, engagement plan
There are no exhibiting opportunities at this event.