In today’s challenging economic climate, every nonprofit needs an organization-wide commitment to a comprehensive marketing strategy so it will stand out among the growing number of nonprofits competing for funding, programs and volunteers. The American Marketing Association (AMA) Nonprofit Boot Camp® will give nonprofit leaders the tools needed to create and enhance an organization’s marketing strategy. Facilitated by an experienced AMA instructor, the AMA and the AMA Foundation offer this training in marketing fundamentals with a strategic overview of what marketing involves and how it can be applied to nonprofit organizations.
What You Will Learn
This intensive 1 ½ day workshop will equip participants with critical knowledge and skills they can use immediately. It provides training in marketing fundamentals with a strategic overview of what marketing involves and how it can be applied in nonprofits.
• Defining nonprofit marketing
• Positioning your organization in a competitive marketplace
• Strengthening stakeholder relationships
• Applying the elements of marketing
• Understanding who your customers are
• Developing and implementing an effective marketing plan
Who Should Attend
This program is designed primarily as an introduction to marketing fundamentals for staff new to nonprofit marketing. Those with more marketing experience may also want to attend for a back-to-basics refresher course.
About the Instructor
Sybil F. Stershic, president of Quality Service Marketing, is a marketing and organizational advisor with more than 30 years of experience helping service-based organizations strengthen relationships with customers and employees. She is the author of the recently released book on internal marketing, Taking Care of the People Who Matter Most: A Guide to Employee-Customer Care, published by WME Books.
8am – 5pm
Continental Breakfast, Lunch and Breaks provided
What Marketing Is and Is Not
- Marketing’s new definition & what it means to nonprofits
- The evolution of customer-centric marketing
What You Need to Know in Marketing
- Your customers
- Your competitors
- Differentiating your organization
- Using marketing research
- Applying the marketing mix
- Brand overview
The Next Weapon in the Competitive Battleground
- The customer experience
- Internal marketing
Relationship Marketing Applications
- Relationship marketing for donors
- Relationship marketing for members, subscribers, volunteers
8am – Noon
Continental Breakfast and Breaks provided
Putting It All Together - Developing Your Marketing Plan
- The marketing planning process:
- Marketing plan template
- Making the most of your marketing plan
- Ongoing marketing challenges
- Building your marketing knowledge
Exhibitors and sponsors are not included in this event.